Submitted by Todd West
In-Home Care Services makes it possible for the mature person to maintain as much independence as possible. This empowers those in need and through the appropriate assistance and companionship allows loved ones to live at home better and longer. Home Care is the perfect solution for your loved ones and for others who aren’t ready to leave their home for an institutional setting or to live with relatives but, because of illness or chronic conditions, need support in order to be able to remain at home. Improving their lives by providing compassionate, one-on-one In-Home Care in their own home or just around town.
When is it time to ask for help?
Different people have very different needs and in different stages. For example, you might need help making sure your bills get paid, mowing the lawn or completing tasks within your home. At some point you may need to ask about using a walker or other device to help you get around. Whatever your situation, be willing to ask for what you need. “IT’S OK TO ASK FOR HELP” means feeling comfortable about wanting to get the assistance and support you need in order to care for yourself or your loved ones and live a more fulfilling, and independent life.
1. Home care serves to keep the elderly in independence. None of us wants to be totally dependent and helpless. With some assistance, seniors can continue to function as viable members of society.
2. Home care prevents or postpones institutionalization. None of us wants to be placed in a nursing home unless this is the only place where we can obtain the 24-hour care that we may need.
3. Home care promotes healing. There is scientific evidence that patients heal more quickly at home.
4. Home care is safer. For all of its lifesaving potential, statistics show that a hospital is a dangerous place. The risk of infection, for example, is high. It is not uncommon for patients to develop new health problems as a result of being hospitalized. These risks are eliminated when care is given at home.
5. Home care allows a maximum amount of freedom for the individual. A hospital, of necessity, is a regimented, regulated environment. The same is true of a nursing home. Upon admission to either, an individual is required to surrender a significant portion of his/her rights in the name of the common good. Such sacrifices are not required at home.
6. Home care is a personalized care. Home care is tailored to the needs of each individual. It is delivered on a one-to-one basis.
7. Home care is the most effective form of health care. There is very high consumer satisfaction associated with care delivered in the home.
8. Home care improves the quality of life. Home care helps not only add years of life, but life to years. People receiving home care get along better. It is a proven fact.
9. Home care is less expensive than other forms of care. The evidence is overwhelming that home care costs less than other forms of care. Home care is considerably less expensive than hospitalization or nursing home placement to deal with comparable health problems.
10. Home care extends life. The U. S. General Accounting Office has established beyond doubt that those people receiving home care lived longer and enjoyed living.
In-Home Care is a vital alternative and resource for the baby boomers to get the answers and support they need to care for their aging parents. Find a resource that takes pride in listening to your needs and desires and then bends over backwards to meet them.
Daily Living Comforts makes it possible for the mature person to maintain as much independence for as long as possible. Daily Living Comforts provides the appropriate in-home products, non-medical homecare services, assistance and companionship that will allow loved ones to live at home better and longer.
At Daily Living Comforts, nothing is more important than:
Optimizing a family’s ability to access innovative, life sustaining and affordable in-home products that enrich and help maintain an independent lifestyle.
Offering reliable, non-medical homecare services for Bucks County, Pa. and surrounding areas with caregivers that are dependable and extraordinarily caring of others.